Health + Wealth is an informal presentation on the importance of looking at your financial health alongside your mental, physical and emotional wellbeing.
We have teamed up with Donna Lindsay of Bodhi & Co. who will be presenting alongside our own financial adviser Samantha Butcher to give you an overview on how all facets of wellbeing work together, including:
- FINANCIAL HEALTH
- FINANCIAL WELLBEING
- APPROACH TO FOOD
- NUTRITION vs DIET
- MINDSET + FOOD
- TIPS + TRICKS TO SAVE YOU MONEY + much more
FREE tickets are available via eventbrite: https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/health-wealth-tickets-88979631473
REFRESHMENTS INCLUDED + ALL CHILDREN WELCOME!
STATE OF WELLNESS SUMMIT // Creating Sustainable Positive Changes In The Lives of Women
We are honored to be sponsoring this amazing wellness movement that is all about creating sustainable positive changes in the lives of women.
You will be able to find our team on Thursday 10th October at GMHBA stadium sharing our knowledge with everyone on how NOT to sweat your finances.
Hosted by Geelong’s charismatic and life-changer Roxie Bennett, there will also be speakers including:
LAUREN BURNS // Olympic Gold Medalist, Naturopath/Nutritionist
JANE KINNEAR // Positive Change Coach, Speaker + Registered Nurse
REBECCA WINKLER // Naturopath + GAPS Practitioner
JO SURKITT // Though Leader, Speaker, Leader + Positive Change Creator
CAL STEWART // Feng Shui Consultant
MADELINE WEST // Food and Mood Centre at Deakin University
KIM BYRNE // Female Mentor, Author + Acclaimed Surfer
AMANDA WILKENS // Canny Group Director, CPA, Chief Financial Operator + Supporter of Women in Business
SAMANTHA BUTCHER // Financial Adviser
DR. CAROLINE TAYLOR-WALKER // Principal Doctor + Lecturer
THURSDAY 10TH OCTOBER 2019
HIGHER MARK @ GMHBA STADIUM GEELONG
Director Amanda Wilkens along financial adviser Samantha Butcher are going to be on stage from 3.30pm for the Q+A Expert Panel answering all of the questions related to women finances.
By using the following link, https://www.stateofwellness.com.au/ we are lucky enough to be able to offer a $50 discount on all tickets that are purchased, just enter CannyFriend as the promo code to apply your discount.
Advantages + Disadvantages of Investment Properties
Purchasing an investment property can be a very exciting time and can help build your wealth over time. However, before rushing out to buy an investment property, it is important you consider the pros and cons.
- Provision of rental income to help top of other income
- Help reduce income tax if the property is negatively geared i.e. the rental income is less than the interest on the loan
- Potential capital growth in value of the property
- Can be less volatile than shares or other investment options
- Lack of investment diversification
- A lot of money is tied up in one asset that can take time to sell
- Buying and selling costs can be high
- Tenancy risk. There is a chance your investment property will have periods of time where it is not tenanted.
- You are responsible for all ongoing maintenance
- Capital gains tax will be payable if the property is sold at a profit
- Interest rate risk – a rise in rates will result in higher loan repayments and a potential reduction in net income
- A substantial amount of capital is required from the outset
As always, we encourage you to seek professional advice to ensure the decision is right for you.
Samantha Butcher – Financial Adviser
BComs Dip FS