Legal disputes are an unfortunate reality for individuals and businesses at one time or another. The key is to manage those disputes with skill, sensitivity and efficiency.
Starting with an initial consultation, we take a strategic approach to your litigation needs, whether it be simple debt recoveries or large and complex Court Proceedings.
At Canny Legal you will be provided with careful analysis of the facts and attention to detail, always with a view to maximising a case advantage whilst keeping costs to a minimum.
We have significant experience in working in the Court Process and advise our clients from a commercial, practical or viable perspective of the legal proceedings.
Successful Litigation in our view combines tenacity with experience and devotion to your dispute. We have developed a reputation for delivering exceptional outcomes for our clients, and when necessary will collaborate with talented barristers to provide the best outcome for you.
Your understanding and awareness of all key issues and dates in the matter is vital, and we strive to provide regular and meaningful communication throughout what is often a stressful process.
Our team is experiences in all jurisdictions of Victoria, including VCAT, the Magistrates Court and the Supreme Court.
Key successes achieved for our clients include:
- DEBT RECOVERIES including enforcement of judgements through bankruptcy and liquidation. Acting for insolvency practitioners in preference claims under the Corporations legislation and providing advices in respect to PPSR legislation.
- VCAT DISPUTES such as Small Claims, Retail and Commercial Leasing Disputes, Consumer Law, Building Disputes, Property Disputes
- ELDER LAW DISPUTES
- Deceased Estate + Will Disputes
- Guardianship + Administration Applications
- SUPREME COURT LITIGATION including shareholder disputes, contract and property disputes and claims in tort
- BUILDING APPEALS TRIBUNAL
- PERSONAL INJURY + TAC